In operating a home fixup and leasing company in my spare time, I have found these books to be quite useful. If I encounter a repair that I have not achieved before, the novels on the hyperlink below are my manuals.
Back in 400 B.C. Archimedes said,”Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum upon which to place it, and I shall move the universe ” Your books and tools are your lever and fulcrum. Once you have them you will see no stopping you.
1. New Fix-It-Yourself Manual: How to Repair, Clean,kitchen gadgets and Maintain Anything and Everything In and Around Your Home from Reader’s Digest.
That one tops the list since it is indeed helpful. It covers many issues not covered with other similar novels.
2. New Complete Guide to Home Repair & Improvement by Better Homes and Gardens
Invaluable since it covers a large variety of topics. A wonderful reference.
A very useful book for repairing appliances. I have had my copy for more than 13 years, and its the very first book I turn to to fix the refrigerator, clothes drier, or even some other appliances.
4. All Thumbs Guide to Home Wiring from Robert W. Wood.
A wonderful book for the beginner to know about making electrical repairs throughout your home.
This House Depot direct is a superb resource if you would like to tile a floor, put down carpeting, or tiled laminate.
6. Wiring 1-2-3 (Home Depot by Home Depot Books.
A fantastic lead to wiring projects around your house. A Bit More complex than the”All Thumbs Guide to Home Wiring.
7. Plumbing 1-2-3 by The Home Depot.
You can tell I like such Home Depot Guides. This plumbing guide, such as almost all of these publications, has a lot of good images to guide you through many ordinary repair endeavors.
Some of this data is a little dated in this 1990 novel, however it still contains useful information for people that do larger repairs on fixer-upper houses.
9. The Way We Made A Million Dollars Recycling Great Old Houses from Sam & Mary Weir.
Yet another publication, like the preceding one, concentrated more on the business of Renovating homes, but it has a good section on renovation and repair
Terry Sprouse is author of the book”Fix’em Up, Rent’em : How to Begin Your House Fix up and Rental Business in Your Spare Time.”